Karen Castor Dentel, Orange County School Board Member, District 6, recently posted the following pick-up sites for Free Grab-and-Go School Meals for Kids.
Grab-and-Go breakfast and lunch meals will be available for pick-up between 10am- 2pm in the car loop of each OCPS school site listed below.
At this time, students must be present to receive the meals. District staff will distribute the meals directly to those in their vehicle (drive-thru service) upon arrival. In addition, meals will be given directly to students walking and/or riding a bike. Based on recommendations from our federal and state leaders, all meals should be taken home to eat.
The following school sites will provide Grab-and-Go meals starting Monday, March 23:
Aloma Elementary School
Apopka Middle School
Azalea Park Elementary School
Bonneville Elementary School
Carver Middle School
Castle Creek Elementary Schools
Catalina Elementary School
Colonial High School
Conway Middle School
Dover Shores Elementary School
Dr. Phillips High School
East River High School
Eccleston Elementary School
Edgewater High School
Evans High School
Forsyth Woods Elementary School
Frangus Elementary School
Gotha Middle School
Hungerford Elementary School
Ivey Lane Elementary School
Jones High School
Lake Gem Elementary School
Lake Weston Elementary School
Lancaster Elementary School
Liberty Middle School
Maxey Elementary School
McCoy Elementary School
Meadow Woods Elementary School
Meadow Woods Middle School
Memorial Middle School
Mollie Ray Elementary School
Oak Ridge High School
OCPS ACE K-8 School
Orlo Vista Elementary School
Pine Hills Elementary School
Pineloch Elementary School
Rock Lake Elementary School
Rolling Hills Elementary School
Rosemont Elementary School
Sally Ride Elementary School
Shingle Creek Elementary School
Tangelo Park Elementary School
Union Park Middle School
University High School
Washington Shores Elementary School
Wedgefield K-8 School
Wekiva High School
Wheatley Elementary School
Wolf Lake Elementary School
Zellwood Elementary School
OCPS GRAB-AND-GO TIPS:
· Children 18 and under, and any registered OCPS student, are eligible for Grab-and-Go meals.
· Children do not need to qualify for the free and reduced meal program.
· Children do not need to show identification.
· Meals will only be provided for children that arrive in person.
· Parents must bring ALL of their children to pick up Grab-and-Go meals for each child.
· Families and children are able to go to any of the designated schools to pick up Grab-and-Go meals. The student does not need to attend the school where the meals are distributed.
· LYNX is offering free bus service to all children and their parents from March 23-27, 2020. Parents must be accompanied by their child to receive free fare. Children and/or parents should inform the driver that they are going to the school for breakfast and/or lunch and they will not be charged bus fare.
IF YOU ARE GOING TO GRAB-AND GO
· Please be patient and follow all directions from OCPS staff on site. We are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment, reinforcing social distancing protocols, and creating a smooth traffic flow.
· Families using the drive-thru service must remain in their vehicle. Do not get out.
· Please place your car in the Parked (P) position to reduce the potential for injury to staff and pedestrians.
· Pedestrians must take their Grab-and-Go meals home and not remain in the area to eat.
· Pedestrians waiting in line, must maintain a 6-ft distance from other people. Do not shake hands with other individuals.
· Children walking or biking should bring a backpack to carry their Grab-and-Go meals home.
Adjustments may be made based on daily participation. Find updates here.