Identify the best public school option for your child:
About the Program:
- What special/magnet programs does the school offer?
- How are special/magnet programs within the school structured?
- How many students are accepted?
- What are the admission requirements? What are the requirements to remain enrolled?
- What academic/professional development guidance is provided to students?
- What special program-specific certifications or training does administration/faculty have?
- What type of student is successful in your program?
- What type of student is most challenged in your program?
- Are there any fees involved with the school or magnet program?
- Is transportation is provided to the school? Is there a required fee?
Academics and electives:
- What special courses and/or electives are required of students enrolled in the program?
- Are students enrolled in the program allowed any flexibility in selecting their classes?
- What support does the program provide to special needs students?
- What support does the program offer to gifted students?
- What extra-curricular clubs or activities are available to all students at the school?
- What special activities or clubs are exclusive to the program?
- What percentage of students enrolled complete the program?
- Are students able to remain enrolled in the school if they withdraw from the program?
- What are the parent involvement opportunities for students enrolled in the school/program?
- Are there requirements through fees or parent volunteer hours to keep students enrolled in the program?
- How do teachers and administrators communicate with parents at your school?
For High School:
- What AP classes are offered the school?
- Are students able to earn college credit through dual enrollment?
- Are students exposed to professional experience or on the job training?
- Do students have the opportunity to participate in internships or other career opportunities?
- Do students graduate with a technical certification, ready to work?
- What percentage of students enrolled in the program are admitted to college?
- What is the range of career opportunities available to students enrolled in your program?