Florida is a trifecta state. This means that the House, Senate & Governor all belong to the same political party. Total Domination. Since 1999. Twenty Years.
- The GOP dominates by 26 votes
- Need to flip 13 seats to Democrats just to make House 60 Dem and 60 GOP
- The GOP dominates by 6 votes
- Need to flip 3 seats to Democrats just to make Senate 20 Dem and 20 GOP
Florida Governor: – no chance for veto
National picture: There are 22 Republican, 14 Democratic, and 14 divided states.
Two decades of GOP dominance has left Florida citizens with zero hope of political balance regarding policy, judicial appointments and the power of a gubernatorial veto. This lack of balance effects everyone, regardless of party.
- Local control is under attack – the power of elected school boards is threatened by state district takeovers
- Public schools are funded at a $1,000 dollars below 2007 levels when adjusted for inflation
- Professional educators have been disrespected and underpaid, with almost no increase in salary since 2007
Single party domination is a free pass to maintaining a radical status quo, public objection be damned.
The only antidote? Vote for public education. The fingers of a robust, high quality, truly equitable system of public schools reach into every level of our society. Nothing else compares. Why in the world would we ever settle for a political machine bent on destroying this glorious public asset?
It’s up to us. We know what we have to do. We just have to answer the call.
Join us. https://bit.ly/2kkKeEc